Welcome to the Library of Things! Discover our collection of non-traditional library things available to borrow for free with your Brampton Library card.
Ready to get started?
The Library of Things Collection
Want to capture your great adventures and favourite activities? The GoPro HERO & HERO5 Session are small, compact, durable, and easy-to-use cameras for recording high-quality videos and snapping photos on the go. Each GoPro Kit includes a GoPro camera, mounting frame, and various accessories to help you get started. Note: UHS-I microSD card for photo/video storage not provided.
Re-discover the fun in learning and build your digital literacy! Pre-loaded with educational apps and games, Launchpad tablets require no internet connection and allow users to play, read, and explore. Select from versions for ages three to five (3-5), six to eight (6-8), eight to ten (8-10), ten plus (10+), and teens. Launchpad tablets cover subjects including science, math, building & engineering, critical thinking, creativity, and language arts.
The Ontario Parks Pass includes an unlimited daily use permit for one vehicle and its passengers to any provincial park in Ontario during our one-week loan period. Every season offers possibilities for discovery, along hiking trails, in self-guided activities, and more. Enjoy nearby park sites less than 90 minutes drive from Brampton, including Bronte Creek, Darlington, Earl Rowe, Forks of the Credit, Sibbald Point, Springwater, and Wasaga Beach. See the Parks Locator to plan your visit and read our blog for recommended trails!
Brampton Library gratefully acknowledges the support of the Government of Ontario in bringing the health benefits of access to nature to our library cardholders. Click here to learn more about the Ontario Parks Healthy People program.
Free admission passes to the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) are available for loan at Brampton library. Visit the museum for exhibitions plus adult and children's programs. Service Update: PAMA is currently closed to the public and PAMA passes are not available to borrow at this time.
Seasonal Activity Kits are here to get your body and mind active, in any season! Kits include everything you need to play. Games are easy to learn and can be adapted to any skill level.
Seasonal Activity Kits give Brampton Library cardholders access to the health and wellness benefits of active living, and are made available thanks to the support of Brampton Recreation and the Jumpstart Community Development Grant.
Free admission passes to the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) are available for loan at Brampton library. With the TRCA pass, you can visit Black Creek Pioneer Village, Kortright Centre for Conservation as well as also go camping, bird watching, and much more.
Library of Things Collection Borrowing & Use Guidelines
A valid Brampton Library card in good standing is required to borrow items from the Library of Things collection. Register for a library card online or in person at any of our branches. For more information, see Get a Library Card.
By borrowing an item from the Library of Things Collection, you agree:
- To follow the Library of Things Collection Borrowing and Use Guidelines as outlined below.
- To be responsible for the proper care, use, and return of a Library of Things item, with all essential components, borrowed by you or your child (under 16 years).
- To pay full replacement fees for a Library of Things item and/or essential components of the item that are damaged, lost, stolen, or otherwise not returned.
- Library of Things items are the property of Brampton Library and the cardholder is not permitted to keep damaged electronics despite paying the replacement fee.
- In December 2021, the Brampton Library board permanently removed overdue fines, however the cardholder assumes complete responsibility for their borrowed items and will be billed for costs associated with damage, loss or failure to return a borrowed item, as outlined in the Library Membership and Use — Customers and Members policy.
- Replacement fees are applied to all Library of Things items and essential components.
- Library of Things items are the property of Brampton Library. Cardholders are not permitted to keep damaged electronics despite paying the replacement fee.
- Information regarding the replacement fees for Library of Things items and essential components is maintained by Brampton Library and is available upon request. Please fill out this customer service form for more information.
- Replacement fees can be paid at any Brampton Library branch with cash, a credit card, or a debit card.
Loan Periods and Availability
|Library of Things Collection||Loan Period||Holds||Renewals||
Item Limit (per cardholder)
|GoPro Kits (holdable)||21 days||1||99*||1||No|
|Launchpads (In-house Use)||2 hours||0||0||1||Yes|
|Launchpads (Lightning Loan)||7 days||0||0||5||No|
|Ontario Parks Pass Day-Use Permit||
|Seasonal Activity Kits||
|Peel Art Gallery Museum and Archives (PAMA) Pass||7 days||1||0||1||No|
|Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) Pass||7 days||1||0||1||No|
*Applicable unless the item has been requested by another customer