Enjoy these services at the Brampton Library branch of your choice. All of our services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Browse our collections, including print materials, DVDs, magazines and newspapers.
- Limited in-branch study space.
- Library Chromebook lending for in-branch customer use.
- Library computers for up to an hour per day. Computer reservations are not available at this time.
- Printing, photocopying, and scanning services. All prints and photocopies are $0.20 per page and are available in black and white only.
All Covid-19 health and safety protocols will remain in place.
- In accordance with the City of Brampton Mandatory Mask By-Law 135-2020, all customers and staff are required to wear masks inside our buildings at all times
- Customers should maintain a minimum of 2m physical distancing whenever possible
- Staff will monitor and limit the number of people inside our branches.
- Staff will periodically clean high touchpoint areas.
- Customers should self-screen before entering our spaces.
- Customers are encouraged to use our Self Check-out kiosks or our mobile app to check out items
We appreciate your patience and cooperation in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers
Hours of Operation for all Branch Libraries Except South West:
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
South West Branch Library Hours of Operation:
Tuesday and Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday and Monday: CLOSED
Returns Accepted at All Locations
To prevent any issues with your account, please continue to renew or return your items. All of our locations have external 24-hour drop boxes available. Please review your account for any outstanding materials on your card.
How to place and track your holds
To place new holds, click here. You will be asked to enter your Brampton Library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) and prompted to select your preferred location for pickup. When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or voicemail notification, according to your preference. For more information about our branch locations click here.
How do I keep track of my request/hold status?
- Active: You have successfully placed a hold and been added to the waiting list. We will notify you once it is returned and ready for you.
- Pending: Staff are working to retrieve this hold for you from our collection.
- In Transit: Your hold is on it's way to your preferred location. We will notify you when it is ready for pickup.
- Held: Your held item is ready for pickup. Please pick it up before it expires in 7 days.
Please note that all customers and staff are required to wear masks inside our buildings, in accordance with the City of Brampton Mandatory Mask By-Law 135-2020.
Please maintain physical distancing at all times while visiting our branches. Staff will be monitoring and limiting the number of people to a maximum capacity of 25% and periodically cleaning high-touch areas. Please self-screen before entering and use our self-check or mobile-app options to check out items where possible.
HOW TO PLACE A HOLD: