Mount Pleasant Village branch operates with reduced hours and offers curbside pickup only.
Here's what you can expect during your next visit to Chinguacousy, Cyril Clark, Four Corners, Gore Meadows, South Fletcher's, South West, and Springdale Branch Libraries:
- Browse our collection of print material and DVDs.
- Use our sit-down computers for up to an hour a day. Library Chromebooks are not currently available.
- Print, photocopy, and scan documents. All prints and photocopies are twenty cents ($0.20) per page in black and white only.
- All of our services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
All COVID-19 health and safety protocols will remain in place:
- In accordance with the City of Brampton Mandatory Mask By-Law 135-2020, all customers and staff are required to wear masks inside our buildings at all times.
- Customers should maintain physical distancing (minimum of two (2) metres) whenever possible.
- Staff will monitor and limit the number of people inside our branches.
- Staff will periodically clean high-touch areas.
- Customers should self-screen before entering our spaces.
- Customers are encouraged to use our self checkout kiosks or our mobile app to check out items.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
Hours of operation for all branch libraries (except Mount Pleasant Village and South West):
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
South West hours:
Tuesday and Thursday: 5 p.m.–9 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday and Monday: closed
Mount Pleasant Village Curbside Pickup only:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 1 p.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Returns are accepted at all locations
To prevent any issues with your account, please renew or return your items. All of our locations have external 24-hour drop boxes available. Please review your account for any outstanding materials on your card.
How to place and track your holds
To place new holds, click here. You will be asked to enter your Brampton Library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number) and prompted to select your preferred location for pickup. When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or voicemail notification, according to your preference. For more information about our branch locations click here.
How do I keep track of my request/hold status?
- Active: You have successfully placed a hold and been added to the waiting list. We will notify you once it is returned and ready for you.
- Pending: Staff are working to retrieve this hold for you from our collection.
- In transit: Your hold is on it's way to your preferred location. We will notify you when it is ready for pickup.
- Held: Your held item is ready for pickup. Please pick it up before it expires in seven (7) days.
Please note that all customers and staff are required to wear masks inside our buildings, in accordance with the City of Brampton Mandatory Mask By-Law 135-2020.
Please maintain physical distancing at all times while visiting our branches. Staff will be monitoring and limiting the number of people to a maximum capacity of 25 per cent and periodically cleaning high-touch areas. Please self-screen before entering and use our self check out or mobile app options to check out items where possible.
The video below will teach you how to place a hold: