WELCOME TO AFTER HOURS STUDY HALL!
Brampton Library is pleased to provide After Hours Study Hall for students during peak study periods at both our Chinguacousy and Gore Meadows branches.
Chinguacousy Branch & Gore Meadows Branch
Saturdays & Sundays from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, April 07 - Sunday June 24, 2018
Where is the After Hours Study Hall located?
Chinguacousy Study Hall is located in the Brampton Library Program Room on the first floor, accessible from the hallway leading to the Bus Terminal, at the north end of the building AFTER the library closes.
Gore Meadows Study Hall is located in the Library’s program room accessible from the Gore Meadows Community Centre’s main hallway, at the west end of the building AFTER the Library closes.
How do I get into the Study Hall? Do I have to register?
The Study Hall is available on a first come, first served basis to room capacity. Studiers must register during Library hours for that evening’s study hall.
Registration is available in person @ the Branch or by calling (905) 793-4636 x74205 for Chinguacousy or x74700 for Gore Meadows. Please note: you must have a valid Brampton Library card to register and must present your card to check in at the start of the Study Hall.
How do I get a Brampton Library card?
Membership is free to all Ontario residents. Visit any Brampton Library location to obtain your membership card with the Library. Please bring valid identification to confirm your current address.
Can I stay in the Library at closing and continue working if I have registered?
No, sorry. Everyone must leave the Library at closing time. If you are registered for Study Hall, please check out any physical Library materials and leave the Library via the main exit. Proceed to the Study Hall entrance where Security will check you in.
Are there rules of conduct for this extended service? Is it really quiet?
All studiers are expected to respect each other’s need for a quiet, safe environment with no cell phone usage or group work, and observe the Brampton Library Rules of Conduct. Security has the right to ask anyone to leave if they are not complying with the After Hours Study Hall rules.
Just a few rules to keep everyone comfortable & safe:
- You must present a valid Brampton Library membership card to register and to enter After Hours Study Hall.
- Study Hall seats are offered on a first come, first served basis to room capacity.
- Register for After Hours Study Hall during Library hours, in person or by phone. Please note if you have not arrived by 5:15pm to claim your registered spot, it may be given away.
- Enjoy full access to the Library’s Wi-Fi and digital collections using your own devices (phone, laptop, tablet, etc.)
- Please respect each other’s need for a safe, quiet environment
- Sorry, since this is a Study Hall, no group work or phone conversations are allowed. Your phone must be set to silent
- Covered drinks are permitted, but no food is allowed in After Hours Study Hall
- Library materials must be checked out before the Branch closes
- There is no access to other areas of the Library after the Branch closes
- Please observe Brampton Library Rules of Conduct at all times
- Security has the right to ask people to leave if they are not complying with After Hours Study Hall rules.